CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 1, 2008

Double Page Layout...

.....

I did it - created a double page layout this week. I wasn't sure I was going to finish it as I had a few problems with the title looking right but I eventually went with a chipboard title with the word EARS covered in cardstock and then I drew vine like flourishes in blue gel pen to try and match the background paper. The paper I used was (of course) my favourite Basic Grey from their brand new line Euphoria. I was wrapt to also use the buttons, glazed brads and chipboard flower stickers to match (you should be able to click on the picture to enlarge it to really see the details).

How did you all go this week? Did you get a layout done? Thanks to Rachel for leaving her comment and scrapbooking advice (click on "comments" below to see) and I hope she is having a successful scrapping week. It certainly is the weather for it. Rug up, heater on, scrapping supplies at the ready and away you go. Leave us a comment regarding your scrapping experiences or any experiences for that matter.

My page is of Loz getting her ears pierced. This is her second hole and it was only after they were done that she let me know that they're not allowed two holes at their school. Typical teen!!
I loved the fact that two of her friends met her at the chemist and held her hands to support her. It was really nice of them. She's very lucky to have great friends.

Talking of teens, one of Loz's friends is turning 15 next week and having a "party" at the park, the parents are not going to be there and she has some 'school' friends and some 'church' friends and some 'other' friends going including boys, a few being 17. So with this we have now reached the "do we let her go to this party" stage!! Luckily for us Loz's best friend isn't allowed to go and as we were talking about going away for the weekend Lozzy decided that she wouldn't go. Steve and I sighed with relief - until next time. I must admit Loz has been a pretty easy teen but I bet I won't be saying that about the wild child pre-teen that also resides at our house!!

Here's a tip published recently in an American mag.
Reader Dana Lowry from North Carolina said " Remember, it's better done than perfect. I absolutely love some of my pages, while others a just so-so. But my family is looking for the memories not perfection."

I'll leave you with that thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it looks great Kylie! I had finished a page myself this week!
Only a single layout but it is better than nothing.

Kaz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...