CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 1, 2008

Spring has arrived...


It shouldn't be long before we see alot more sunny days, the days will start becoming longer and we will have some lovely weather in which to take some great photos.

Father's Day this weekend will present a photo shoot opportunity. Dad's opening pressy's, kids cuddling granddads, families enjoying meals together etc etc. Have you made your Father's Day cards yet? I have...I used the fabulous Kaisercraft papers and card packs to make these fab cards for my dad and father-in-law.

I have been busy working on a project this week which will be put on the class program shortly as it would make a fabulous gift especially with Christmas fast approaching.

It is a book with pages made from envelopes and beautiful K & Co papers. The idea is that you can store your cards (homemade or store bought) ready to give to family and friends in the envelope that is appropriate to their month of birth. Each page has a list for you to write when their birthday is so you will never forget to send a birthday card ever again. I just need to finish the cover and then I can add it to the class calendar.

This week has been crazy at our place - Madi is being a typical 11 year old with major ATTITUDE and was actually grounded 5 out of the 7 days this last week.
Last Sunday afternoon after a major tantrum I grounded her from all friends contact including playing with, talking on msn and the phone.
Well, she was very upset and told me she would much prefer being banned from TV - Madi is not a TV girl and normally I would not negotiate with her as keeping in touch with her friends is way more important than TV, BUT she loves Australian Idol which was starting it's new season that evening so I told her OK she can be banned from TV.
Well, you should have seen the smirk (cheeky so and so) as she skipped happily away from me until I said "of course, that includes being grounded from watching Australian Idol tonight".
Talk about a turn around - she got very upset and begged me to change the grounding back to the original terms. I'm sorry kid, that's ten points to Mum!!
This is an instance in which keeping one step ahead of your kids paid off, unfortunately I think Madi's hormones have kicked in with such force that keeping one step ahead is going to be very exhausting for a long while.

I did an attitude layout on Madi some time ago which I had on display in the shop for some time, I think I'll go home and pull it out and post it here during the week for you to see my typical mad Madison.

Olympics still sorted but not started - to many other projects this week. Hopefully I will start next week.

TIP OF THE DAY: This is an oldie but a goodie -
"Be good to your Mother"
and I better say Father as well seeing it's their week this week.
Enjoy spoiling the dad's of the world.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...